Cork City, Ireland.
Unfortunately due to new security measure s in place at St. Annes, access was limited.
The following extract is taken from http://www.abandonedireland.com.
"Cork asylum opened in 1789 (the second Irish asylum). William Saunders Hallaran (1765-1825) was physician to the Cork asylum from the time it opened until his death. He was the author of Practical Observations on the Causes and Cure of Insanity (1818).
In 1845 the Irish Lunatics Asylums Act allowed for appropriating the Lunatic Asylum in the city of Cork to the Purposes of a District Lunatic Asylum. This legislation provided for two new asylums - a criminal one in Dundrum, Dublin, and a 500-bed asylum Cork. The Eglington Asylum, was originally in three separate blocks, later to be joined together, in the interest of providing more accommodation, to become the longest facade of any building in the country it opened 1852.
The asylum was named after the Earl of Eglinton, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland. Designed by local architect William Atkins. Construction cost including site £79,827. 1/5d.
Eglinton Lunatic Asylum is being renovated into apartments - "Atkins Hall". Approxamately two thirds of the building has been converted, the remaining one third is gutted but in fairly original condition."